5.06.2015

Awakening

Awakening / The Pharaohs(1972)


The Pharaohs is The Pharaohs. is the Jazz Soul Funk group formed in 1962

It is the group known some members existed  before joining Earth,Wind & Fire

Louis Satterfield and Don Myrick were in!


I expected to listen to  EWF-like funky sound,

but I had the impression that folk music was near with first several pieces.

It is important for the instrumental music,  how stronger  shook the soul of the listener.
It sounded to my ear  like folk music at first time.

 While I listened several times, I noticed that it had mysterious power .

Even if the origin in the big meaning is the same as EWF,
 the brunch seems to be at the different position.


① Damballa
② ibo
③ Tracks Of My Tears
④ Black Enuff
⑤ Somebody's Been Sleeping
⑥ Freedom
⑦ Great House

Return to the index of We Love Earth,Wind&Fire!

No comments: